Brisbane, CA or Dallas, TX
We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
*** Preferred location for this position is Brisbane, CA (but can be located at our Dallas site in the Pegasus Park Biolab NTX incubator space).
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics’ growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a RA/Associate Scientist/ Scientist, dependent on experience, with cellular assay development and biophysical studies to characterize protein-drug interactions.
- In collaboration with cell biology & chemistry teams, implement diverse screening strategies and propose new approaches and technologies to identify unique chemistry optimization opportunities.
- Deploy/execute studies to evaluate small molecules for interaction and pursue mode of action studies in multiple and orthogonal in vitro biochemical assay formats (cell, enzymatic, binding such as TSA, FP, SPR, Octet)
- Analyze and interpret data with rigor and independence.
- In collaboration with chemistry and biology teams, establish SAR to rapidly drive the hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization process Keep abreast of developments in the field and help implement novel technologies for enhanced workflows and/or improved data quality.
- Degree (BA, BS, MS, PhD) in Biology, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, biochemistry, or related scientific field. Job title dependent on degree and years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of binding, cell, and biochemical assay development utilizing a variety of readouts ( TSA, FP, SPR, Octet, ELISA)
- Experience in HTS screens, Mechanistic Enzymology and Laboratory automation would be advantageous
- Flexibility to work in an environment with evolving priorities and timelines
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integrated player in a small team environment
- Detail-oriented; excellent in oral and written communication
- Expertise and skill in acquiring and implementing new technologies and methods for novel assays and to increase throughput and accuracy is a plus
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Nitrase Tx offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or by clicking below.
Nitrase Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer