We are seeking inquisitive individuals who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic culture and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge science to make transformative medicines for patients with unmet medical needs.
The Operations Assistant/Associate will report to the Director of Operations. This position requires a person with a desire and ability to learn, who will readily take instructions and proactively assist on multiple tasks helping to create a well-functioning environment for the scientific staff. We are looking for a self-starter with demonstrated initiative who will actively seek out opportunities to improve workflow and processes. The successful candidate will have responsibilities that span both the office and the lab in maintenance and organization of supplies and equipment. Lab duties focus on supporting the scientists as needed, including compound management. Other responsibilities revolve around the health and safety of the staff by assisting with the Safety Officer’s duties. The successful candidate will also help in the office with scheduling meetings and providing related administrative support. Rigorous attention to detail and a willingness to take on unforeseen tasks critical to operations are essential qualities for success in this effort. The ability to clearly communicate, prioritize work and use time management skills are necessary for this effort.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain office stock supplies, organization and general tidiness
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, appointments and off-site retreats
- Arrange logistics for meetings, if necessary, i.e. lunch, coffee, office supplies etc.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Receive mail and packages, confirm contents with packing slips and enter packing slips into the system
- Distribute received items to addressed recipients
- Assist personnel in the shipping of goods as needed
- Compound management and compound plating
- Oversight of Fisher rep who maintains lab common stock.
- Lab organization and general tidiness
- Maintenance of lab equipment including repair and PM
- Glassware washing and autoclaving as needed
- Assist the Safety Officer in conducting safety inspections, enforcing safety policy and conducting regular safety equipment testing
- Maintains the SDS files
- Point of contact for lab vendors and services, i.e. cryogenics, lab coats, janitorial and hazmat and medical waste removal vendors
- Assist lab personnel with experiments as requested and as needed including but not limited to buffer and media preparation and tissue culture handling
- B.S. in a science-related field
- Proven ability to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an integrated player in a small team environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with high degree of self-motivation
Nitrase Therapeutics offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, bonus, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nitrase Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking below.
Nitrase Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer