Brisbane, California | Full Time
As part of Nitrase Therapeutics’ growth and drive toward the clinic, we are seeking to recruit a talented individual to join the in vivo Biology team to support drug development. The successful candidate will work with experienced team leaders to validate in vivo rodent models for different disease indications and implement these models to evaluate potential drug targets and the efficacy of therapeutics. This candidate will work with team members across scientific disciplines to test specific hypotheses that will provide insights into enzyme activity and its relationship to disease pathology. Direct, hands-on experience with in vivo rodent models is required. Experience with multiple disease models is highly desirable. The level of this position will be commensurate with experience but offers tremendous growth opportunities at all levels.
- Responsible for in vivo workstreams with significant exposure to laboratory benchwork in support of drug development.
- Design and implementation of in vivo studies to support target validation and compound testing. Level of autonomy determined by experience level.
- Perform formulation and administration of test articles for in vivo studies.
- Perform in vivo experimental procedures including tissue collection and processing.
- Colony management of multiple transgenic lines including breeding management and coordinating activities with vivarium staff.
- Learn/perform standard lab techniques such as immunoassays and immunohistochemistry.
- Education (minimum requirements): B.S./B.A. degree in relevant field (neuroscience, oncology, immunology, pharmacology, molecular biology, biochemistry) with at least 2-3 years’ industry/lab experience or Ph.D. with no industry experience.
- Experience using rodent disease models to study any of the following indications: neurological, oncology, pulmonary, hepatic, cardiovascular and/or inflammatory diseases. Experience with multiple models is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in the following in vivo procedures: handling rodents, dosing administration (IV, IP, SC, PO), necropsy, blood collection through various methods.
- Organize and prepare animal cohorts for experimental procedures.
- Adherence to animal protocols and compliance with basic ethical and regulatory requirements for animal handling are critically important.
- Experience processing tissue for immunohistochemistry/imaging is desirable.
- Experience performing techniques such as PCR, Western blots, and ELISAs are welcome but not required.
- Apply rigorous attention to detail in the course of data collection and documentation in laboratory notebook entries.
- Meticulously organized with outstanding time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally within a team setting.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking below.
Nitrome is an equal opportunity employer